PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU - TCU B Ball ?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU - TCU B Ball ?

Postby Stampede » Wed Feb 14, 2001 3:17 pm

did anyone see the Baylor- Kansas game the other night. One comparison to that game and the SMU- TCU womens game last Friday night. After inching by SMU, the TCU fans and team acted just like Baylor's fans after beating Kansas. I guess that is understandable.... when you win ONE out of twenty. We'll get 'em soon!!
SMU...2nd to None
Stampede
All-American

Re: SMU - TCU B Ball ?

Postby GrapevineMustang » Wed Feb 14, 2001 4:29 pm

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but that's how our fans acted when we beat Tulsa, too. It's not like we'd just beaten Duke or Michigan State or something. The players were jumping around like we'd just gotten a NCAA bid.

Come on, fellas. Keep winning, but act like you expect to win. Beating Tulsa was a great win, but there need to be a lot more before we can go nuts like that.
GrapevineMustang
All-American

Postby Hoofprint » Wed Feb 14, 2001 4:32 pm

It's OK -- even great -- that the fans went crazy and stormed the court, though. It was great to see that kind of enthusiasm in Moody.
Hoofprint
All-American

Postby PK » Wed Feb 14, 2001 5:03 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hoofprint:
<B>It's OK -- even great -- that the fans went crazy and stormed the court, though. It was great to see that kind of enthusiasm in Moody.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with you ... if that kind of enthusiasm or activity is what it takes to get students interested in the Bball program, then let's have more of it. We really need to get the student involvement and attendance up ... WAY up!!!
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Stampede » Thu Feb 15, 2001 3:47 pm

my post was not to say, in the least, that when we win a big game we whould not act excited. What I noticed was how excited TCU was to beat SMU (afterall when you win 19 out of 20) ...it makes you feel like you just beat a top 10 team!!! Way to go Mustangs...run the table!!!
SMU...2nd to None
Stampede
All-American

Return to Basketball