PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU vs Fresno

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU vs Fresno

Postby Webmaster » Fri Feb 23, 2001 12:43 am

FSU 77 21-5 (10-3)
SMU 64 19-9 (8-6)

Hancock 20 Points
Sasser 19 Points (1947 Career)
Ross 11 Points
Davis 10 Points

Sasser broke the SMU All Time Scoring record. Congratulations to Jeryl Sasser--SMU All Time Scorer.
"Rhett Lashlee not only has the top G5 transfer class, it’s one of the best classes in the country, period.”
–– Chris Vannini, The Athletic

Thanks for supporting PonyFans.com. If you have any problems or concerns, please e-mail us at webmaster@ponyfans.com
Webmaster
Heisman

Re: SMU vs Fresno

Postby Red+BlueDude » Fri Feb 23, 2001 12:54 am

So when did Jeryl break the record? Who won the hat?

I'm sorry to see the Mustangs lost tonight, especially on the Moody Coliseum floor, but congratulations to Jeryl. He's given SMU four years of excitement. I've been in town for several games over the years, and he's been a pleasure to watch. Best of luck in the NBA!
Red+BlueDude
Varsity

Postby HouStang » Fri Feb 23, 2001 12:57 am

Someone who was at the game...

What happened??????? I guess so much for the NCAA tourney and an undefeated Moody. Image
HouStang
Recruit

Postby Pony_Fan » Fri Feb 23, 2001 1:14 am

HouStang,

I went to the game...we lead most of the game and then collapsed with about 7-8 minutes left. 1st half looked real good and we started off better than most of the games I have seen this year. Then, all of the sudden we miss all our shots and our defense collapses. Wild Willie took 2 weird dunk attempts from about 7 feet and missed. FSU got some easy buckets in the paint. Ross and Hancock were bombing threes and were way off. Unforunately Ross is usually money from 3 point range. Ely and company took over.... Porter played a good game as well. It is difficult to match up against them with no real inside threat. Fornash sat down with 4 fouls and we seemed to have lost it after that.

No sure what is going on with our team...Luckily Tulsa lost tonight to Rice so maybe Tulsa is vulnerable.

Congrats to Sasser for the all-time scoring!!
Way to go!!

Let's win the WAC tourney??
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Basketball