PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

ANOTHER suspension?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

ANOTHER suspension?

Postby Pony Up » Fri Feb 23, 2001 1:23 am

What's going on here? I read that Nigel SMith had been reinstated to the team, shown maturity in recent weeks as he gets his priorities in order, etc. Then I read tonight on <A HREF="http://www.SMUMustangs.com" TARGET=_blank>www.SMUMustangs.com</A> that DeWayne Floyd was suspended for the ever-present "violation of team rules" or whatever the standard line from coaches is. Sure hope it's like whatever Nigel did -- and he can come back in time for the WAC Tournament. Our boys are going to need every boost they can get, and Floyd's enthuiasm is contagious.
Proud to be a PonyFan
Pony Up
All-American

Re: ANOTHER suspension?

Postby HouStang » Fri Feb 23, 2001 6:12 pm

It doesn't surprise me. I don't think Floyd takes basketball too seriously anyway.
HouStang
Recruit

Re: ANOTHER suspension?

Postby ponytalk » Sat Feb 24, 2001 1:46 am

DeWayne defiantly provided a spark at home, and I credit that to him.

It seems as though he is immature and maybe a distraction to this team.
I wonder if Nigel coming back had anything to do with Dewayne's leaving. As in Dement bringing Nigel back to replace DeWayne.

I have heard a rumor that DeWayne's departure had to do with academics. Hey, look at it this way. At least we are not Texas Criminal University and these guys were not caught smoking dope and who knows what else.
ponytalk
Varsity

Return to Basketball