PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU-TCU

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU-TCU

Postby ponytalk » Wed Feb 28, 2001 4:22 pm

What are the predictions?
Score?
Attendance?

I say SMU 75 - TCU 72, we finally break the streak.

Attendance: 8,200 split down the middle. TCU will show as many fans as SMU. But if the students decide to act like themselves and not show up, then TCU will out number us. I see a split only if we have a great student turnout.
ponytalk
Varsity

Re: SMU-TCU

Postby Pony_Fan » Wed Feb 28, 2001 4:54 pm

I think a lot of it depends on Hancock's health....Voc is just OK in my book but haven't seen enough yet...I would love to see us pull this one off!

SMU 79
TCU 77

Attendance on the SMU side will probably be low due to the wheels off train wreck lately.

GO PONIES!
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Peruna1 » Wed Feb 28, 2001 6:51 pm

I say the Ponies will come out on top. But, if these students even had any school spirit or even cared about supporting THEIR team, they would be there. At the Fresno game, a nationally ranked opponent, there were maybe 50 students in the student section. I watched the UT vs. Iowa State(6) on Saturday. That place was rockin'. I'll bet a third of the attendance was students. And look what happened, they won. Now that's spirit.
Peruna1

Postby Rambo » Thu Mar 01, 2001 1:32 am

I don't think it is possible to make any predictions about what will happen with TCJC. It completely depends on which team decides to show up. The student section will probably be full, but missing a few die ard fans. I know of a few (shame on you) who are boycotting the game due to recent games. Its becoming harder to stay positive about this team. It will suck to see Sass and Willie D go, but I am definitely excited about next season.

By the way, the student section was pretty full for Fresno. I challenge all students to get out this weekend, and everyone to yell!

Viva Ponyball!!!!!!!!
Viva Ponyball!!!!!
Rambo
Junior Varsity

Postby SMUPonyFan » Thu Mar 01, 2001 2:19 am

You can pretty much throw out true predictions in rival games like these. But one thing you can predict is the lack of student support.

My random guess, SMU by 11. I think it is pay back time. But I see this victory leading us to another first round loss in the tourney. We might not even make the NIT.

------------------
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Return to Basketball