PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Burger wars, re-visited

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Burger wars, re-visited

Postby CalallenStang » Tue May 25, 2010 12:04 pm

Dutch wrote:
CalallenStang wrote:

I've known about this location for a year but have been sitting on the info because apparently In-N-Out didn't want it leaking...according to the broker they were going to pull out of their pad site deal if the info became public. Now that it's in the DMN I suppose I won't have to keep this secret anymore. Will be interesting to see if it still happens or if the DMN story causes them to break the deal on the pad site.

probably not b/c it became public as a matter of government record in a permitting procedure. there's only so far you can keep these things secret.

That's what I'm thinking though I'm not sure what their motivations were in keeping it secret to begin with (other than keeping imitators from setting up shop in that area before I-N-O was ready to open, perhaps).
CalallenStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Dutch » Tue May 25, 2010 1:05 pm

for a fast food burger, I like mine Whata-style. Texas Born. they can keep their In-n-Out in California for all I care. I've had it and it's nothing great other than you haven't been able to get it here, so everyone is mystified by it.

and the whole "off the menu" menu is nothing sweet since anyone can look it up on the iphone while waiting in the drive through line.

all hype if you ask me.
Ok this is getting ridiculous...I agree with Dutch on THIS ONE POST by him totally
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby CalallenStang » Tue May 25, 2010 1:14 pm

Dutch wrote:for a fast food burger, I like mine Whata-style. Texas Born. they can keep their In-n-Out in California for all I care. I've had it and it's nothing great other than you haven't been able to get it here, so everyone is mystified by it.

and the whole "off the menu" menu is nothing sweet since anyone can look it up on the iphone while waiting in the drive through line.

all hype if you ask me.

I've had it and it's a decent burger. Nothing special. Agreed on the hype.
CalallenStang

Postby Dutch » Tue May 25, 2010 1:20 pm

CalallenStang wrote:
Dutch wrote:for a fast food burger, I like mine Whata-style. Texas Born. they can keep their In-n-Out in California for all I care. I've had it and it's nothing great other than you haven't been able to get it here, so everyone is mystified by it.

all hype if you ask me.

I've had it and it's a decent burger. Nothing special. Agreed on the hype.

yeah, decent being better than McD, King, Wendy. it falls in line w/ the new QSR burgers like 5 Guys, MooYah, etc. a decent sandwich, but nothing worth driving all the way to Garland for.
Ok this is getting ridiculous...I agree with Dutch on THIS ONE POST by him totally
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby RGV Pony » Tue May 25, 2010 2:07 pm

I find In and Out more akin to Jakes, what with the thousand island.

I've eaten at In and Out 3 times in my life. I've attempted to eat there probably 10 times, but 6 of the other 7 times I didnt feel like waiting that long in the drive through line. One other time, it was fantastic, as it was the only meal my coworker and I ate after a 12 hour day of moving furniture. The other time, don't remember. The third, I remember thinking it was like Steak n Shake w/ thousand island.

I'd rank In n Out a rung above Village Burger Bar. But VBB has alcohol. So, back down it goes. Similarly, if the choice is Burger Street or drive + wait in line for In and Out, Burger Street it is.
RGV Pony

Postby HB Pony Dad » Tue May 25, 2010 3:15 pm

In-N-Out has a number of "Secret Specials"

I love the "Animal Style"!

Check it out In-N-Out’s Secret Menu
SMU - IT'S YOUR TURN

FIRE JUNE JONES

USC Trojan for Life and SMU Dad!
HB Pony Dad
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Dutch » Tue May 25, 2010 3:30 pm

HB Pony Dad wrote:In-N-Out has a number of "Secret Specials"

I love the "Animal Style"!

Check it out In-N-Out’s Secret Menu

i'll repeat myself..."and the whole "off the menu" menu is nothing sweet since anyone can look it up on the iphone while waiting in the drive through line."
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Dutch » Thu May 27, 2010 9:37 am

http://www.blitzweekly.com/h003.html

Blitz's Best Burgers in DFW list. just thought i'd share.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby 03Mustang » Fri May 28, 2010 9:35 pm

CalallenStang wrote:

I've known about this location for a year but have been sitting on the info because apparently In-N-Out didn't want it leaking...according to the broker they were going to pull out of their pad site deal if the info became public. Now that it's in the DMN I suppose I won't have to keep this secret anymore. Will be interesting to see if it still happens or if the DMN story causes them to break the deal on the pad site.

If you know what you say you know then you are probably also aware that this will most likely not be the first location to open.
03Mustang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby CalallenStang » Fri May 28, 2010 9:55 pm

03Mustang wrote:
CalallenStang wrote:

If you know what you say you know then you are probably also aware that this will most likely not be the first location to open.

I'll confirm that but won't say anything further on that.
CalallenStang

Postby Bergermeister » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:34 pm

Had an outstanding lunch at 1st and 10. Really should have had the vegetable plate at Luby's, but...
Bergermeister

Postby buckwheat » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:44 pm

Had the chicken nachos at 1st and 10 last night, mighty tasty they were.
buckwheat
Junior Varsity

Postby RGV Pony » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:32 pm

June Bug wrote:East_Texas_Burger_Co.

Mineola?
RGV Pony

Postby couch 'em » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:41 am

Anyone ever try out Del's Charcoal Burgers in Richardson?
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em

Postby S....M....U » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:58 pm

keller's is the best....number 5 special ='s done deal
"An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame/SMU football game and doesn't care who wins" - Dwight David Eisenhower

Hail to the Red and the Blue.

S...........M............U

Moody Madness
S....M....U
PonyFans.com Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Around the Hilltop