PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

The Pirate is funny

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

The Pirate is funny

Postby untitled » Wed May 09, 2012 10:32 am

:lol:
untitled
Varsity

Re: The Pirate is funny

Postby Stallion » Wed May 09, 2012 2:33 pm

Yeah its going to be funny as hell when he gets a defamation counterclaim in his suit against Craig James. Get this straight you can't wilfully and intentionally repeat defamation even if originally written or stated by someone else which you know to be untrue or reasonably should have known of the untruth of the matter. Dumbasses like you can get away with posting repeated defamation on the internet all day-Mike Leach can't. Yet another reason Mike Leach is an A-Hole and always will be.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby MustangIcon » Wed May 09, 2012 3:00 pm

Couldn't he claim ignorance as to what it stands for? Some guy came to his book signing and asked him to sign with a certain inscription, which he obliged, without knowing the meaning on the inscription. Seems like a reasonable claim.

I, for one, think he absolutely knows what it stands for.
MustangIcon
Hall of Famer

Postby untitled » Wed May 09, 2012 3:15 pm

Stallion wrote:Yeah its going to be funny as hell when he gets a defamation counterclaim in his suit against Craig James. Get this straight you can't wilfully and intentionally repeat defamation even if originally written or stated by someone else which you know to be untrue or reasonably should have known of the untruth of the matter. Dumbasses like you can get away with posting repeated defamation on the internet all day-Mike Leach can't. Yet another reason Mike Leach is an A-Hole and always will be.

Uh oh, Stallion has sand in his vagina again. Truth is an absolute defense to libel, counsel.

Meanwhile, in Pullman:

:lol:
untitled
Varsity

Postby Stallion » Wed May 09, 2012 3:29 pm

Yeah and I just stated the legal standard for Truth as a Defensse and the requirement of showing the required Malice. In fact, the statement is NOT TRUE. So Leach's Truth Defense would be one of the easiest no-evidence summary judgments for James in the history of litigation because Mike Leach has wilfully and intentionally repeated defamation which he KNEW was NOT TRUE or he repeated it KNOWING that that there were serious doubts as to its veracity(in fact he couldn't come up with a shread of evidence which might even raise a fact issue suggesting that it even might be true))
Last edited by Stallion on Wed May 09, 2012 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

Stallion

Postby BigT3x » Wed May 09, 2012 3:32 pm

Stallion wrote:Yeah its going to be funny as hell when he gets a defamation counterclaim in his suit against Craig James. Get this straight you can't wilfully and intentionally repeat defamation even if originally written or stated by someone else which you know to be untrue or reasonably should have known of the untruth of the matter. Dumbasses like you can get away with posting repeated defamation on the internet all day-Mike Leach can't. Yet another reason Mike Leach is an A-Hole and always will be.

Well, at least we can say one nice thing about you. You're obviously not a lawyer.
BigT3x
All-American

Postby Cadillac » Wed May 09, 2012 3:34 pm

BigT3x wrote:

Well, at least we can say one nice thing about you. You're obviously not a lawyer.

Really? Where was he wrong? (We have a TON of lawyers on this board lol).

-CoS
Cadillac
Hall of Famer

Postby untitled » Wed May 09, 2012 3:38 pm

Stallion wrote:Yeah and Leach's Truth Defense would be one of the easiest no-evidence summary judgments for James in the history of litigation because Mike Leach has wilfully and intentionally repeated defamation which he KNEW was NOT TRUE or he repeated it KNOWING that that there were serious doubts as to its veracity(in fact he couldn't come up with a shread of evidence which might even raise a fact issue suggesting that it even might be true))

As an alumnus of SMU, I know the truth about CJ and the Foresaken Five.

Oh, and I have my old BarBri books, too - no need to quote them to me. Lighten up, Francis.
untitled
Varsity

Postby BigT3x » Wed May 09, 2012 3:41 pm

Cadillac wrote:
BigT3x wrote:

Really? Where was he wrong? (We have a TON of lawyers on this board lol).

-CoS

CJ is a "public figure".
BigT3x
All-American

Postby CoxBizGrad » Wed May 09, 2012 3:45 pm

Maybe I'm the only one that doesn't know what the "CJ..." means that he wrote in the book. Can someone please explain?
CoxBizGrad
Varsity

Postby CoxBizGrad » Wed May 09, 2012 3:46 pm

Like his son, I guess I have been in a closet/shed for some time.
CoxBizGrad
Varsity

Postby untitled » Wed May 09, 2012 3:57 pm

CoxBizGrad wrote:Maybe I'm the only one that doesn't know what the "CJ..." means that he wrote in the book. Can someone please explain?

Here ya go:

http://frontburner.dmagazine.com/2012/0 ... rs-at-smu/

It's an internet meme that has taken on a life of its own. And since he's such an insufferable douchebox, fanbases around the country are having fun with it.
untitled
Varsity

Postby Stallion » Wed May 09, 2012 4:01 pm

If a person is a public figure you have to show malice which is the standard I described above. Its a difficult standard but not particularly in this case. I''d have the counterclaim filed by the end of the day. The more difficult standard is showing that a reasonable person would find it defamatory in the context since initials were used. But the meaning of the context in this case I would say is probably known to tens of millions of people

Stallion

Postby BigT3x » Wed May 09, 2012 4:08 pm

Stallion wrote:If a person is a public figure you have to show malice which is the standard I described above. Its a difficult standard but not particularly in this case. I''d have the counterclaim filed by the end of the day

You'd have to provide irrefutable evidence (as in a four year, 24 hour surveillance operation that documented CJ's whereabouts during his entire time at SMU) that CJ did not kill those hookers, then prove that Leach was in possession of that irrefutable evidence when he made his statements.
BigT3x
All-American

Postby MeanGreenMachine » Wed May 09, 2012 4:17 pm

Stallion wrote:Yeah and I just stated the legal standard for Truth as a Defensse and the requirement of showing the required Malice. In fact, the statement is NOT TRUE. So Leach's Truth Defense would be one of the easiest no-evidence summary judgments for James in the history of litigation because Mike Leach has wilfully and intentionally repeated defamation which he KNEW was NOT TRUE or he repeated it KNOWING that that there were serious doubts as to its veracity(in fact he couldn't come up with a shread of evidence which might even raise a fact issue suggesting that it even might be true))

How do you know it is NOT TRUE? Were you with him every night during the early 80s? Why won't Craig come out and deny this himself?!? I know that if someone accused me of such a horrific act I would deny it! Why does he hide behind his PR and campaign machines? There are too many questions left unanswered. We already know he is a liar and a cheat. He has said for years that he knew nothing about player payments, while admitting this year that he did accept $100 handshakes - proving that his self-righteous drivel was all a massive pile of BS.

Why won't he denounce hooker killing? My goodness, up here at North Texas the life of a hooker still means something. We still care. Their memories will not be forgotten in Denton, Texas by God.
UNT: The premier research institution of North Texas and only university in D/FW with both medical and law schools! Leading the way for D/FW now and in the future!
MeanGreenMachine
Scout Team

Next

Return to Football