PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

World Changers Shaped Here

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

World Changers Shaped Here

Postby PhantomPhi » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:08 pm

Ach du lieberzeit. SMU uber alles.
PhantomPhi
Junior Varsity

Re: World Changers Shaped Here

Postby gostangs » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:03 pm

right....what he said.

i like the new branding result and the effort - needs to be all over the state though....we can pull big from Houston, Austin and SA if we just go for it. There are only two national universities in the Texas - us and Rice. UT and A&M are 90% Texans, but that limits their reach.
gostangs
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby DallasDiehard » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:22 pm

Saw that billboard yesterday about 45 minutes south of Dallas on I-35.
Nearly drove off the road when I saw it.
Good stuff, SMU. Keep 'em coming.
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Postby Water Pony » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:01 pm

Rebranding both SMU and our association with American Athletic Conference. Nice. Keep your pencils and scorecards ready.
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby StallionsModelT » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:13 am

I like the new branding. SMU has certainly increased the level of visibility here in Dallas. Between the press from the Bush Library and the increased emphasis on branding it is starting to feel like SMU is reaching beyond the Park Cities bubble.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby PK » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:31 pm

Just as an aside, the new residence complex going up close to 75/Central Expwy at Mockingbird Ln. is going to be very benificial in giving SMU a face to the area people passing by. Up to now, SMU was hidden from view unless you drove through HP on Mockingbird. SMU will now be very visible, not to mention impressive, with the new dorms towering above and just a short ways from the 75 and Mockingbird intersection. They really look great.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby StallionsModelT » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:42 pm

Yeah my wife works in Mockingbird Station and the view of SMU from 75 w/ the Residential Commons and the Bush Library are pretty amazing and give the campus a more accessible feel than it previously did. Also, when the tennis facility is completed on the old Mrs. Baird's lot, that will be even more eye-catching from the highway.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby Prideful Pony » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:44 pm

Just last week I had a similar conversation with my parents and brother -- the visibility from the highway makes a TON of difference when it comes to non-alumni recognizing SMU. We're now a daily reminder for folks traveling up and down the highway.
Prideful Pony
Junior Varsity

Postby Water Pony » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:11 pm

Dallas' own Nationally recognized and ranked University with Division 1 (FBS) Sports. Embrace the Hilltop, American Athletic Conference and SMU's World Changers, shaped here in Dallas.
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby SMU2007 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:34 am

Prideful Pony wrote:Just last week I had a similar conversation with my parents and brother -- the visibility from the highway makes a TON of difference when it comes to non-alumni recognizing SMU. We're now a daily reminder for folks traveling up and down the highway.

Agree. Nice to see us doing some small things to boost our visibility.
SMU2007

Postby Bergermeister » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:19 pm

Prideful Pony wrote: The visibility from the highway makes a TON of difference when it comes to non-alumni recognizing SMU. We're now a daily reminder for folks traveling up and down the highway.

Hopefully, SMU is working with TxDOT to tone down the La Cucaracha-looking sound wall along the Central service road.
Bergermeister

Postby b_caesar » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:14 pm

StallionsModelT wrote:Yeah my wife works in Mockingbird Station and the view of SMU from 75 w/ the Residential Commons and the Bush Library are pretty amazing and give the campus a more accessible feel than it previously did. Also, when the tennis facility is completed on the old Mrs. Baird's lot, that will be even more eye-catching from the highway.

Not to mention the big SMU logos on Expressway Tower that are visible from 75 going in both directions...
Don't worry. Be Happy. Or not.
b_caesar
Heisman

Return to Around the Hilltop