PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Aggie sabre-pull revisited

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Aggie sabre-pull revisited

Postby KnuckleStang » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:02 pm

Aggies debate the actions of Greg Hood, A&M's "sabre-puller" of yore.

http://www.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=447223&forum_id=5
KnuckleStang
Hall of Famer

Postby RGV Pony » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:48 pm

I've heard the Aggies hold the playing surface at Kyle Field in high reverance...so much so that no one is allowed on it, save the football team. Perhaps besides being riled up by the Mustang cheerleader, Hood was offput by Peruna dropping a loaf on KF?
RGV Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Stallion » Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:49 am

....but see that's not the case-and that's why Aggies are nose picking nerds. Anyone that knows anything about Aggie traditions knows that when the Aggies win the Cadets(i believe the freshmen) chase the Dick-grabbers aka Yell-Leaders around the middle of the field and take them out the tunnel to throw them in the fountain(pretty gay in itself). So apparently, it's not a Memorial to fallen heros when they want to play grab [deleted] with their own Yell-Leaders just when somebody else cheerleaders want to do a cheer that is done at every other stadium in America. BTW many people on that board got everything wrong about the story-some of them act like he was some hero while a few will admit that he humiliated the school and Cadet Corps by getting planted squarely on his [deleted] by a CHEER-Leader from Smew. Ha! (CAVEAT: Just scattershooting while wondering why other schools (that don't have ALL 'boy' cheerleaders) don't adopt this tradition to spike attendence).
Stallion

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:56 am

Good one Stallion! :twisted:
ALEX LIFESON

Postby jtstang » Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:39 pm

Reading that thread was hilarious and there is no better evidence of what a freaking hypnotic brainwashed mindless cult exists down in College Station. Sacred field my @ss. Drink the Koolaid already.

BTW, I don't guess I ever heard that the SMU cheerleader's pulled the old "push the guy back over the guy on his on his knees behind him" gag on that mindless cult zombie toy soldier with the sword. Is it true? That would be classic!
jtstang

Postby PK » Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:27 pm

jtstang wrote:Reading that thread was hilarious and there is no better evidence of what a freaking hypnotic brainwashed mindless cult exists down in College Station. Sacred field my @ss. Drink the Koolaid already.

BTW, I don't guess I ever heard that the SMU cheerleader's pulled the old "push the guy back over the guy on his on his knees behind him" gag on that mindless cult zombie toy soldier with the sword. Is it true? That would be classic!
Yes, that is true. I believe there is a film clip or photo of that floating around somewhere.
PK

Postby RGV Pony » Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:47 am

Am I right in believing that the only field Peruna can run onto is Ford, what with NCAA rules these days? If not, let's feed that shetland well from September 12th onward...
RGV Pony

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:06 am

jtstang wrote:BTW, I don't guess I ever heard that the SMU cheerleader's pulled the old "push the guy back over the guy on his on his knees behind him" gag on that mindless cult zombie toy soldier with the sword. Is it true? That would be classic!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mustangs35SMU

Postby Danny Noonan » Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:34 pm

I don't know why anyone would ever be a frickin' aggie.
"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."
Danny Noonan
Varsity

Postby MrMustang1965 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:43 pm

RGV Pony wrote:Am I right in believing that the only field Peruna can run onto is Ford, what with NCAA rules these days? If not, let's feed that shetland well from September 12th onward...
LOTS & LOTS OF FIBER!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
MrMustang1965

Postby EastStang » Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:42 pm

I would love to see us whip the Ags and have the headline read "SMU dumps on Aggies". A reprise of the headline after Peruna left a gift on TCU's brand new astroturf. Didn't the Aggie's used to have guns, but they took them away after one of them shot at a football player on UT? I say we all bring whistles to the game and see if we can screw up their halftime show again. Its been 30 years, they've probably forgotten.
EastStang

Postby Dooby » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:33 am

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pool Boy » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:33 pm

Some sacred field. All I know is that 2-3 years after that incident, Jackie Sherrill was parking Toyotas around the mid-field logo for a local car dealer commercial. :?
Pool Boy

Postby Dooby » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:59 pm

Who's gonna have a sign that says "Remember Greg Hood!" at Kyle Field? Be good comedy.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyboy » Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:35 pm

Totally disagree with most of the above. I find Aggie loyalty refreshing in this day and age of conditional attachment. Do like the Greg Hood sign idea though :lol:
ponyboy

Next

Return to Football