PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

NHL Draft Order

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

NHL Draft Order

Postby CalallenStang » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:35 pm

#30 - Tampa Bay
#29 - Florida
#28 - Dallas
#27 - Colorado
#26 - Calgary
#25 - Edmonton
#24 - St. Louis
#23 - New Jersey
#22 - Boston
#21 - Toronto
#20 - Philadelphia
#19 - Detroit
#18 - Nashville
#17 - Phoenix
#16 - New York Rangers
#15 - New York Islanders
#14 - Washington
#13 - Buffalo
#12 - San Jose
#11 - Los Angeles
#10 - Vancouver
#9 - Ottawa
#8 - Atlanta
#7 - Chicago
#6 - Columbus
#5 - Montreal
#4 - Minnesota
#3 - Carolina
#2 - Anaheim
#1 - PITTSBURGH
CalallenStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby jkflamebo » Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:42 pm

penguins will be the ones to get the big kid crosby. the guy looks dam good
jkflamebo
Hall of Famer

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:29 pm

But he is obviously not happy to be there...

We shall see...we all know he is good friends with Mario and I seriously doubt that Mario will retire now that they got Sidney...

We'll see...

Pre-season begins October 5th!
Mustangs35SMU

Postby 91Stang » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:26 am

Thank god hockey's back!
And I smell a conspiracy -- sending Crosby to Pittsburgh (after all, they did the draft lottery behind closed doors .... nothing like welcoming back the fans with open arms) screams of a league plan to save hockey again in Pittsburgh. When Lemieux played (the first time), they were huge, and when he left, they had minimal attendance and support. When he returned, they started to fill the building again .... surely Bettman wouldn't have arranged this to sell tickets in a once-loyal hockey city, would he? :roll:
HOCKEY'S BACK!
91Stang
Varsity

Postby ThadFilms » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:25 am

Thank goodness Hockey's back...

I just wish the Stars had gotten a better pick... I pray we keep Modano...
ThadFilms

Postby Roach » Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:19 pm

If he stays, can they afford anyone else? Might be Modano and the no-names. Would they lose Zubov? (Quite possibly.) Will they buy out Guerin (I bet they will) or Arnott (I bet they'll think about it .... and then won't let him go)? As weird as it would be to see Modano suit up for the .... Bruins/Sharks/Coyotes (don't laugh - he'd kick butt under Coach Gretzky, and playing with Brett Hull again) .... it might be better for the Stars to retire his jersey or something, give him a new cowboy hat as a parting gift and wish him well in his new home, and then spend his allotment of the salary cap on younger, more economical players.
Roach
Heisman

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:09 pm

I dont the Stars got a bad pick...

They'll have picks #28, #33, #70, and #74 in the draft..

Which aint bad at all. I love our pick in the 2nd round for sure.

Well the main thing is looking to the future IMO...

Somehow keep Modano..And Zubov..

MUST KEEPS: Morrow, Arnott, Kapenen, Turco, Smith, Ellis, and Ott
Mustangs35SMU

Postby EastStang » Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:03 pm

One thing I will predict. The Caps are looking like a last place team next year unless they sign some defensemen. Kolzig with small pads will have to spin like a top to stop the puck. Owner Teddy L is promising to stay the course with the youth movement. Ovechkin and Semin might generate some offense, but they have some growing up to do. I was getting tired of watching poker re-runs.
EastStang

Postby Red+BlueDude » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:04 pm

Alexander Semin is a major headache. And isn't he on some kind of Dean Wermer-imposed Double Secret Probation? Ovechkin was called "the next great one" last year, but now that Pittsburgh has the NEXT "next great one" (Sidney Crosby), perhaps he'll slide under the radar. GM George McPhee said they're going to sign some vets to go with the kids, and they'd better be good ones or your last-place prediction seems pretty solid (although perhaps we should see who gets bought out in the rest of the division before we make solid plans to hibernate this winter in the cellar). Is it too late to convince Anson Carter to have a third tour of duty? Always liked his grit, and he seemed to me like the kind of vet this team could really use: tough, tireless and fearless.

And have faith in Olie the Goalie -- he's the best. If anyone can bail out those young'uns, he can. Thank god Brandon Witt didn't get dumped at the trade deadline last .... errr .... two seasons ago. He's the only defender there with ANY experience.
Red+BlueDude
Varsity

Postby CalallenStang » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:14 am

EastStang wrote:One thing I will predict. The Caps are looking like a last place team next year

Isn't that a safe prediction almost every year as of late?

Kolzig is a better keeper than you give him credit for. Their problem in my eyes is offense. With the new rules you absolutely have to score 3 to 4 goals per game to win, and I don't see them doing that.
CalallenStang

Postby SMUFan » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:00 pm

CalallenStang wrote:
EastStang wrote:One thing I will predict. The Caps are looking like a last place team next year

Isn't that a safe prediction almost every year as of late?

Kolzig is a better keeper than you give him credit for. Their problem in my eyes is offense. With the new rules you absolutely have to score 3 to 4 goals per game to win, and I don't see them doing that.
Agreed. Unless ths Ovechkin kid comes in and looks like the second coming of Mario Lemieux (a grossly unfair comparison that has been thrown his way on occasion), they're in deep trouble for goals.

Depending on what veterans they sign, that is.

Man, I'm almost as excited for hockey as I am for SMU football.
SMUFan
All-American

Postby CalallenStang » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:28 am

SMUFan wrote:
Man, I'm almost as excited for hockey as I am for SMU football.

Ditto. Go Stars and Leafs!

I don't believe that Ovechkin, Crosby, or even Lemieux or Gretzky can carry a team by themself. You absolutely have to have a supporting cast or you will never see a clear shot at net all game.

That being said, it remains to be seen if any team can put a supporting cast together for their stars under this new CBA.
CalallenStang

Return to Around the Hilltop