PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Feron Tweets

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Feron Tweets

Postby Dutch » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:58 pm

Wild Mustang wrote:Happy to see Feron back his coach. This says something about Feron. This says a lot about Jank. This says a lot about Jank and his relationship with his players. Respect. The fact that Jank and our team even stayed within striking distance late into the game with Cinci was amazing. This says a lot about the guys on our team. It was an ugly game against Cinci and SMU did not play perfect, far from it, hard to watch at times, but SMU had chances to win the game. Once again SMU was playing with a very short bench and foul trouble. I really am looking forward to the day when Jank gets the opportunity to coach SMU with a full roster. Support our team. Support our coach. Pony up!
so what was he doing in 2017 when he only had 6 (sometimes 7) and a tougher non conference schedule?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok this is getting ridiculous...I agree with Dutch on THIS ONE POST by him totally
User avatar
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend
 
Posts: 4377
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:56 pm
Location: 75205

Re: Feron Tweets

Postby skyscraper » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:30 pm

Wild Mustang wrote:Happy to see Feron back his coach. This says something about Feron. This says a lot about Jank. This says a lot about Jank and his relationship with his players. Respect. The fact that Jank and our team even stayed within striking distance late into the game with Cinci was amazing. This says a lot about the guys on our team. It was an ugly game against Cinci and SMU did not play perfect, far from it, hard to watch at times, but SMU had chances to win the game. Once again SMU was playing with a very short bench and foul trouble. I really am looking forward to the day when Jank gets the opportunity to coach SMU with a full roster. Support our team. Support our coach. Pony up!


Thanks for chiming in Baghdad Bob.
Image
User avatar
skyscraper
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5392
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:46 pm
Location: Dallas

Re: Feron Tweets

Postby PonyKai » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:12 pm

Wild Mustang wrote:Happy to see Feron back his coach. This says something about Feron. This says a lot about Jank. This says a lot about Jank and his relationship with his players. Respect. The fact that Jank and our team even stayed within striking distance late into the game with Cinci was amazing. This says a lot about the guys on our team. It was an ugly game against Cinci and SMU did not play perfect, far from it, hard to watch at times, but SMU had chances to win the game. Once again SMU was playing with a very short bench and foul trouble. I really am looking forward to the day when Jank gets the opportunity to coach SMU with a full roster. Support our team. Support our coach. Pony up!


You must be swol carrying all that water for Jank. Don’t skip leg day!
PonyKai
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 6161
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:04 am
Location: Here and there.

Re: Feron Tweets

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:11 am

Meanwhile, Feron talks about "getting over this hump". Presumably a reference to being short handed this season due to sanctions and injuries? Our guys would have to win both home games this week to have any hope of getting over that hump this year.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 19735
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2000 3:01 am
Location: Stonebridge Golf Club, NC

Re: Feron Tweets

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:04 pm

JasonB wrote:"As an SMU alum, let me tell you why your friends suck, and why your other friends are going to leave the program."

If having a little class makes you a snowflake, then fine, call me a snowflake.

If Feron was walking around after the game and said that comment, would you really beat him down like that? I'd hope that you would just appreciate the kid for sticking up for his coach and his school and let it go.


To you and Abu: I’m not calling you a snowflake. I’m saying that your one specific recommendation of not writing back to his “Dont be upset with my coach” is of snowflake logic. I’ll reiterate my point: 1) He’s in college and an adult 2) He utilized a public platform and addressed it to the community who wants change. Those two items right there, for any person, are valid reasons to be open to public criticism. I do and will not understand how he gets immunity to that because to me that logic is of the snowflake mentality.
SMU Football --> get the extra practices in, play the FCS game and on to 2020.
SMU_Alum11
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 2877
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:55 am

Re: Feron Tweets

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:05 pm

SoCal_Pony wrote:
JasonB wrote:"As an SMU alum, let me tell you why your friends suck, and why your other friends are going to leave the program."

If having a little class makes you a snowflake, then fine, call me a snowflake.

If Feron was walking around after the game and said that comment, would you really beat him down like that? I'd hope that you would just appreciate the kid for sticking up for his coach and his school and let it go.


So you think HoopmanX's response was inappropriate? That is what '11 and I were responding to.

I say good for Hoop for challenging him (in a respectful way, of course).


This!
SMU Football --> get the extra practices in, play the FCS game and on to 2020.
SMU_Alum11
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 2877
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:55 am

Re: Feron Tweets

Postby Pony ^ » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:24 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:Meanwhile, Feron talks about "getting over this hump". Presumably a reference to being short handed this season due to sanctions and injuries? Our guys would have to win both home games this week to have any hope of getting over that hump this year.

Assuming he means next year when we are fully restored of scholarships. Unfortunately, Feron doesn't see that we will have significantly less talent next year and the dumpster fire will continue due to lack of Jank recruiting.
Pony ^
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5737
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:23 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: Feron Tweets

Postby JasonB » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:55 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:
JasonB wrote:"As an SMU alum, let me tell you why your friends suck, and why your other friends are going to leave the program."

If having a little class makes you a snowflake, then fine, call me a snowflake.

If Feron was walking around after the game and said that comment, would you really beat him down like that? I'd hope that you would just appreciate the kid for sticking up for his coach and his school and let it go.


To you and Abu: I’m not calling you a snowflake. I’m saying that your one specific recommendation of not writing back to his “Dont be upset with my coach” is of snowflake logic. I’ll reiterate my point: 1) He’s in college and an adult 2) He utilized a public platform and addressed it to the community who wants change. Those two items right there, for any person, are valid reasons to be open to public criticism. I do and will not understand how he gets immunity to that because to me that logic is of the snowflake mentality.


Sure, he put it out there and opened himself up to criticism. But you still don't have to be "that guy". Again, there is zero reason for any of us to tell him that his friends suck. What is the purpose? Would you really do that in person?

My response is to not be a snowflake yourself. Instead of hiding behind the internet and responding to a 19 year old, nut up, walk up to Turner at the next basketball game and tell him how you feel about the program.

Make your opinion known to someone who it might actually have an impact on. Talk to the people that you are actually frustrated with. But don't take your frustration out on a kid who is just trying to stick up for his coach and his team. You are just unleashing your frustrations on someone who doesn't deserve to hear alumni telling him his friends suck, and you are doing it because you are too much of a snowflake to talk to real grown men about it.

How's that?
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5923
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2001 3:01 am
Location: Allen, Tx, USA

Re: Feron Tweets

Postby Arkpony » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:59 pm

I agree wholeheartedly with jasonb
Long live Inez Perez!
User avatar
Arkpony
PonyFans.com Legend
 
Posts: 4998
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:01 am
Location: Little Rock, AR USA

Re: Feron Tweets

Postby used to be 2 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:07 am

Nice Post Jacob
used to be 2
Scout Team
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:47 pm

Re: Feron Tweets

Postby used to be 2 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:08 am

Mean Jasonb
used to be 2
Scout Team
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:47 pm

Re: Feron Tweets

Postby SoCal_Pony » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:18 pm

JasonB wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:
JasonB wrote:"As an SMU alum, let me tell you why your friends suck, and why your other friends are going to leave the program."

If having a little class makes you a snowflake, then fine, call me a snowflake.

If Feron was walking around after the game and said that comment, would you really beat him down like that? I'd hope that you would just appreciate the kid for sticking up for his coach and his school and let it go.


To you and Abu: I’m not calling you a snowflake. I’m saying that your one specific recommendation of not writing back to his “Dont be upset with my coach” is of snowflake logic. I’ll reiterate my point: 1) He’s in college and an adult 2) He utilized a public platform and addressed it to the community who wants change. Those two items right there, for any person, are valid reasons to be open to public criticism. I do and will not understand how he gets immunity to that because to me that logic is of the snowflake mentality.


Sure, he put it out there and opened himself up to criticism. But you still don't have to be "that guy". Again, there is zero reason for any of us to tell him that his friends suck. What is the purpose? Would you really do that in person?

My response is to not be a snowflake yourself. Instead of hiding behind the internet and responding to a 19 year old, nut up, walk up to Turner at the next basketball game and tell him how you feel about the program.

Make your opinion known to someone who it might actually have an impact on. Talk to the people that you are actually frustrated with. But don't take your frustration out on a kid who is just trying to stick up for his coach and his team. You are just unleashing your frustrations on someone who doesn't deserve to hear alumni telling him his friends suck, and you are doing it because you are too much of a snowflake to talk to real grown men about it.

How's that?


Once again, you are deliberately using a post someone made, the 'your friends suck', to further your argument when you know full well that nobody on this thread supports that individual tweeting that to Feron.

Classic strawman argument.

What you won't answer is our specific question. Was HoopmanX's tweet inappropriate.

And one final note. Feron is using Twitter to make his opinion known to as many people as possible. When someone retorts, they should be afforded the exact same luxury. When done properly, whether in the courtroom (Arkpony) or on social media, everyone benefits.
User avatar
SoCal_Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5350
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2003 4:01 am
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Re: Feron Tweets

Postby Bergermeister » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:38 pm

SoCal_Pony wrote: And one final note.

If only this were true.
48-95
User avatar
Bergermeister
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 6773
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2002 3:01 am
Location: University Park

Re: Feron Tweets

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:15 pm

Agree with So_Cal so no need for me to reiterate it. Also for fact checking, I can’t find a poster who said “your friends suck”.

Also what is the point of twitter if not matter what you post is still “behind a computer screen”. In that very instance would end all conversation and you would essentially have just Instagram. So basically the recommendation is to end twitter?

Since neither So_Cal or I posted anything to him; I’m not sure what you’re asking us. We are simply defending Hoopmans posts because it was perfectly valid. The kid is at university and an adult. He should be able to handle criticism in an open forum. I’m not sure how that’s considered crazy. If college isn’t the cutoff, what is? When they’re finally on their 3rd job? This is what I’m referring to a snowflake mentality. If you are “defending your coach (or professor or boss or politician, etc), you have to expect counter arguments.
SMU Football --> get the extra practices in, play the FCS game and on to 2020.
SMU_Alum11
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 2877
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:55 am

Re: Feron Tweets

Postby SMU Pom Mom » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:41 pm

I'm with JasonB. Feron's post showed a lot of class. It's ridiculous to think an anonymous person responding on twitter could goad him into badmouthing his team. Best to just leave those discussions to the fan sites.

See y'all at the game tomorrow! Have a 6 AM flight (ugh).
User avatar
SMU Pom Mom
Varsity
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:50 pm

Previous

Return to Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests